- Conservation biology as a basis for nature protection. Evaluation of the taxonomic variability and the competitive and reproductive ability of protected and endangered plant species. Developing strategies for artifical propagation and preservation of protected species.
- Plant introduction. Introduction and evaluation of exotic plant taxa for horticultural use.
- Gene bank. Maintaining the national plant collections. Pannon Seedbank (funded by a Life+project)
The Botanical Garden has contracts with secondary schools and universities for regular official -as well as occasional- practical training lessons. Our colleagues teach at universities, lead several students’ dissertation and diploma work courses.
- GEOTERM - Innovative geothermal and biomass based heating system at Vácrátót - Norway Grants (2009-2011)
- Establishment of the Pannon Seed Bank for the long-term ex-situ conservation of Hungarian vascular wild plants (2010-2014)
Development of the national botanical garden at Vácrátót